HFF Oil Stop Valve
Basic Concepts (BCI) Oil Stop Valve is a versatile device that filters and processes water while removing hydrocarbons to a non-detectable level. Constructed from a rugged perforated plastic casing, the HFF contains BCI oil solidifying polymers, a proprietary blend of USDA food grade polymers.
The polymers are capable of encapsulating and capturing all organic hydrocarbons such as sheen, gasoline, transmission oil, diesel, refined oils, and more. The HFF allows water to flow through as it removes and captures hydrocarbons including most volatile organic compounds. In the event of a major release, the HFF automatically shuts off the flow to contain the hydrocarbons. Each HFF is designed for site-specific applications and can used to meet SPCC and IEEE Std. 980 requirements.
- Filters all organic hydrocarbons to <5ppm; most will be at non-detectable levels.
- Removes sheen, gasoline, diesel, refined oils, and other volatile organic compounds.
- Low maintenance required when used with a reusable pre-filter to catch debris, silt, dirt, paper, limbs, etc.
- Will not drip or leach out.
- Storm Drains
- Electrical Substations
- Retention Pound Out-Flows
- Storm Water Run-Off
- Contaminated Cooling Tower Water
- Secondary Containment Vaults
- Oil-Water Separator Out-Falls
- Bulk Storage Tank Farm Rain Water Out-Falls
Hydrocarbon Filter for Oil Containment
All secondary containment systems must incorporate some type of drainage system to evacuate wastewater. The HFF Oil Stop Valve is a hydrocarbon filter ideal for this application. Each HFF is designed for site-specific oil containment applications and meets Federal SPCC mandates.
HFF flow rates vary by size of filter, vertical or horizontal mount and the head pressure. The HFF uses oil solidifying polymer technology to capture all organic hydrocarbons, including the most volatile organic compounds, such as sheen, gasoline, diesel, refined oils and more. Each HFF hydrocarbon filter is capable of processing wastewater at the pre-determined rate specified by the customer.
All HFF Oil Stop Valves come with a pre-filter to trap and eliminate unwanted sediment and debris before it gets to the main hydrocarbon filter, which extends the life of the filter