Known for its extreme strength, BCI’s SC-3900 containment coating bonds quickly, perfect for rapidly sealing a leak. It is also flexible – 300% elongation allows it to move with the substrate, even through extreme weather fluctuations.
About SC-3900 Spray Coating
Withstands temperature fluctuations and surface movement. Resistant to harsh environments. Suitable for applications where high temperatures are part of standard operations.
- 300%+ elongation
- Tack free in seconds
- 100% solids VOC free
- Applied from 40-1000 MILS
- 20+ Year life expectancy
- Fuel 6 chemical resistant
- NSF 6 regulator approved
- Excellent Shore D hardness
- Tensile strength 3500-5500 psi
- Structurally inert to high UV exposure
- Application temperature -40 F to 300 F+
- Abrasion and corrosion resistant
High-Temperature Secondary Containment Coatings
“BCI industrial spray coatings has been installed for over a year and has performed as advertised. Unit 1 has seen a 180,000 MWh reduction in opacity derivations from 2011 to 2012 due in great part from this coating work which equates to 5.1 million dollars in revenue.”
Tampa Electric Engineer
SC-3900 High-Strength Industrial Coating Containment Wall System
Using high-strength SC-3900 industrial coatings and cinder blocks, we offer a fully-encapsulated, PE-approved containment wall system providing chemical and fuel resistant containment. SC-3900 coats smoothly and is tack-free in seconds for a quick installation – up to 75% faster than liner installations. Its rapid cure time eliminates vulnerabilities to weather, such as rain or other moisture.
Optimize the SC-3900 Containment Wall System with optional SPCC-compliant oil spill protection. Add Barrier Boom windows or an HFF Oil Stop Valve for passive stormwater and runoff control with oil leak protection.
- PE-designed and approved
- Flexible design around equipment, penetrations and supports
- Directly built over earthen substrates
- Long life expectancy
- Engineered design available for unique/non-conforming applications
SC-3900 Coating Specifications
|Dry Properties||34 mils (0.8 mm)*|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D 412 >3700 psi (25.7 mpa)|
|Elongation||@77°F (25°C) >300%|
|Hardness (Shore D)||ASTM D 2240-03 ±55|
|Hardness (Shore A)||ASTM D 2240-03 ±98|
|100% Modulus||ASTM D 412 >1600 psi (11.13 mpa)|
|300% Modulus||ASTM D412 >3500 psi (24.32 mpa)|
|Tear Resistance||ASTM D 624 483 PLI (84.57 KN/m) ± 50|
|Service Temperature||-60°F -- +250°F (-50°C -- +121°C)|
|Abrasion Resistance||H-22 wheel 136 mg. lost: 1 kg. 1000 rev.|
CS-17 wheel 0.2 mg. lost: H-18 wheel 90 mg. lost
|CURING SCHEDULE||Gel ± 5 sec.|
Versatile Secondary Containment Coatings
Create Containment on Site
We specialize in coating fuel storage containment areas and deliver impervious fuel storage containment systems throughout industry. Our secondary containment coatings bond to most substrates including overlay for earthen/soil, steel, concrete, asphalt and several other substrates. Use our system to repair existing traditional liners including HDPE, Ethylene Polymer PVC with Elvaloy® Technology Geomembrane, and many others.
*Elvaloy® is a registered trademark of DuPont.
New and Existing Rail Cart Containment Coatings
- Repair in place or remove and coat entire pan for longer operational life
- Hydrocarbon and chemical coatings available
- Repair: Steel, fiberglass, concrete, cracks, and expansion joints
- Fill or bridge: cracks, voids, holes, rusted spots
- Versatile installation with capabilities to bond rail pan containment to the track base to provide full containment (No overspill with larger release)