Basic Concepts, Inc. high-strength industrial coatings bond to any substrate, including geomembrane and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) containment liners, to provide virtually maintenance-free containment that will not leak.
Ethylene Polymer PVC with Elvaloy® Technology Quick Overview
- Excellent stability, with low thermal expansion-contraction properties
- Formulated for long-term outdoor exposure to UV rays
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Agency approved for secondary containment
- High-strength, chemical-resistant grade for maximum protection to high temperatures and a broad range of chemicals including acids, oils and methane
PolySeam® Liner Attachment System(Patent No. 8,361,261 B2)
Exclusive PolySeam liner attachment system offers a faster, cost-effective alternative to traditional batten bar attachment. When used in conjunction with our Ethylene Polymer PVC with Elvaloy® Technology Geomembrane or HDPE Containment Liners, the patented PolySeam system replaces the maintenance and repairs needed to maintain integrity of the batten bar method of attachment—for a virtually maintenance-free system! Installs faster and is more durable than containment liners alone, saving thousands of dollars in installation costs, and it installs in the most extreme conditions.
- Delivered to your site and then cut to desired length for seaming application.
- Sections are seamed into place using traditional welding methods.
- Attachments are made from HDPE or Ethylene Polymer PVC with Elvaloy® Technology Geomembrane to tank ring walls, wall, pipe supports or any other penetration.
- Once liner transition strip is in place, the existing containment liner system is attached using our spray applied coating system to the containment penetrations.
- Note: All bonding surfaces will need to be cleaned, potentially blasted and primed prior to application.
- Easily integrates with other BCI secondary containment systems and/or water filtration solutions, such as Barrier Boom or VIPOR dewatering pump system
PolySeam Barrier Boom Oil Filtration Panels Passive Drainage System
If SPCC-compliant oil containment and filtration is required, the PolySeam Barrier Boom Oil Filtration Panels Passive Drainage System provides an innovative secondary containment solution. Using patented oil solidifying technology, the Barrier Boom panels allow rain and runoff to passively drain, but become an impervious barrier when it comes in contact with oil. Panels will immediately solidify, preventing any hydrocarbons from leaving the containment area.
Barrier Boom Benefits
- Complies with SPCC 40 CFR 112.7, U.S.D.A. Bulletin 1724E-302, Chapter 3-3.2.2 and 3.2.3, and IEEE Std. 980
- Custom designed to site specifics and PE-approved for full secondary containment
- Little or no maintenance required depending on type of install
- Service life of installed product: the life of the equipment it protects
Barrier Boom Specifications
- Estimated flow rate of up to 5 GPM per ft2 material with 1 foot head pressure
- Hydrocarbon flow rate of 0 GPM for 110% oil spill containment
- Solidifies approximately a half gallon of oil per ft2 depending on oil type, viscosity, and temperature
- UV resistance of 70% (typically covered with clean, washed stone)
- Oxidation resistance of 80%
- Contains 12 to 16 oz. of loose solidifying polymers per ft2 (unique quilting pattern prevents polymers from shifting during handling and installation)
Once considered difficult penetrations to encapsulate are now easily ENCAPSULAPED with the PolySeam System. Steel, concrete, round or square supports can be transitioned with NO problem!
Steel sheeting application
GC-2100 Liner System
The liner system consists of pre-fabricated panels designed in varying lengths and thicknesses to meet any dimensional and product resistance needs. During the installation process, these panels are attached together using SC-3900. This attachment method results in a thicker liner-to-liner interface of approximately 40 percent, creating a strong, seamless liner system when complete.
- Geotextile material coated with an impermeable layer of proprietary modified spray elastomer
- State-of-the-art, automated application process ensures a consistent layer of durable protection
- Engineered and tested to resist tearing, puncturing and most chemicals
- Customize size, color and thickness to fit any application
- Earth and Berm containments
- Petrolatum tank farms
- Old asphalt containments
- Water treatment holding ponds
- Wastewater runoff basins
- Mining holding ponds
Advantages of Liner Systems
- Lasts longer than HDPE to provide industry-leading environmental protection from spills
- Lays flat for easy installation
- Durable under heavy truck traffic
- Maintenance-free and easily cleaned to reused on multiple sites
- Highest customer satisfaction due to design flexibility and fast turnaround on custom orders
Tank Farm Containment Liner Systems
Ethylene Polymer PVC with Elvaloy® Technology Geomembrane liner material is well-suited for large installations, i.e. covering approximately 215,000 square feet, such as a tank farm with 2 tanks holding 3-million gallons of diesel fuel.
Reservoir Lining and Waterproofing Installations & Repairs
*Elvaloy® is a registered trademark of DuPont.