With over 10,000 installs, our secondary containment systems have become the accepted full oil containment solution for SPCC-compliant secondary containment by professional engineers across the nation.
Barrier Boom – Secondary Oil Containment System
Barrier Boom containment system is a proven full secondary containment solution for sites with impervious subsoils such as clay. It is designed to allow the flow of nuisance water during normal rainfall and snow melt events, but becomes an oil containment barrier to prevent hydrocarbon migration in the event of an oil release. This containment system relies on gravity (head pressure).
- SPCC compliant secondary containment as stated in CFR 40 112.7.
- Oil containment system for pad-mounted transformers in substations, solar and wind farms.
- Oil-filled equipment storage areas.
- Bulk fuel and oil storage areas.
- Can be used with a liner.
- Meets the requirements of Secondary Containment for EPA SPCC 40 CFR 112.7, U.S.D.A. Bulletin 1724E-302, Chapter 3-3.2.2 and 3.2.3, and IEEE Std. 980.
- Custom designed to site specifics and PE-approved for full secondary containment.
- Easy to install to grade or dike; usually in one day with equipment fully energized.
- No special tools needed.
- Little or no maintenance required depending on type of install.
- Eliminates the need of concrete walls, sump pumps, oil-water separators, pits, manual valves, and hydrocarbon detectors.
- Estimated flow rate of up to 5 GMP per ft2 material with 1 foot head pressure.
- Hydrocarbon flow rate of 0 GPM for 110% oil spill containment.
- Solidifies approximately a half gallon of oil per ft2 depending on oil type, viscosity, and temperature.
- Service life of installed product: the life of the equipment it protects.
- UV resistance of 70% (typically covered with clean, washed stone).
- Oxidation resistance of 80%.
- Contains 12 to 16 oz. of loose oil solidifying polymers per ft2.
BCI PolySeam® partnership programs allow liner installers across North America to take advantage of our patented liner attachment technology. Learn more today.