The Basic Concepts (BCI) Geomembrane Liner with Barrier Boom Containment System provides site-specific engineered secondary containment for hydrocarbon filtration in sandy or undetermined subsoils
Request More Information
Best suited for reliable containment of transformers (live and spare), tank storage, wind farms and solar fields. The system uses a patented filtration media that allows storm water to flow through the Barrier Boom panels while removing and capturing hydrocarbons. In the event of a spill, the Barrier Boom completely solidifies, preventing oil from migrating off site.
- Solidifies approximately a half gallon of oil per ft2 depending on type of oil, viscosity, and temperature
- Evacuates rain water and run-off without valves, pumps, sumps or oil-water separators
- Below-grade systems reduce the risk of transformer fires
- Cost-effective solution for secondary spill containment
- Capacity Water flow rate: Minimum 4 GPM per ft2 of material with one foot head pressure
- Compliance SPCC 40 CFR 112.7 and IEEE Std. 980
All BCI Geomembrane Liner with Barrier Boom Systems comply with SPCC 40 CFR 112.7 and IEEE Std. 980. Custom manufactured to the customer’s engineered specifications, systems ship in sections, each marked to correspond to a site map, for easy assembly in the field. It comes with pre-formed corners for height consistency. Barrier Boom panels are pre-bonded to the Geomembrane Liner. Shipment includes all the products necessary for the installation. Systems install quickly and easily – usually in one to two days or less, without the need to deenergize equipment. Once installed, it typically requires minimal maintenance, depending on the type of install.