Spray Coating Solutions for Industrial Water Tanks
Industrial water tank coatings can help prevent corrosion and repair cracks on the tank’s surface. Water tanks should never affect the safety of the water. Keeping its surface in proper shape is vital to maintaining the integrity of the tank.
Water tanks are made from fiberglass, polyethylene, steel, stone, or concrete. Each material type has its vulnerabilities to environmental influences.
- Fiberglass and polyethylene are sensitive to UV light. Extended exposure to sunlight radiation and ultraviolet rays results in the weathering of fiberglass/polyethylene storage tanks.
- Steel tanks are susceptible to corrosion.
- Concrete and stone tanks are susceptible to freeze/thaw cycles that can cause cracks and build-up of sulfate and salts from wet-dry cycles.
These issues can reduce the tank’s service life. Routine maintenance that includes the proper application of surface water tank lining coatings mitigates these risks and increases a tank’s durability.
Benefits of Industrial Water Tank Coatings
Over time, industrial water storage tanks will start to deteriorate. However, you can slow down damage and even repair them with surface spray coatings. These coatings help protect the inside of water tanks from deterioration and corrosion as well as hairline cracks and large moving joints. Protective coatings will help extend the life of water tanks and help protect the water inside them.
Spray coatings will/are:
- Protect tanks from corrosion. Tanks are subjected to corrosion from the inside and out from natural elements such as chemicals in the water, temperature, humidity, and wind that erode the surface over time.
- Make the tank chemical resistant. The chemicals that occur naturally in water or added chemicals can potentially cause the tank’s lining to erode.
- Prevent leaks by forming a protective, UV-stable barrier that conforms to the material of the tanks to create a permanent, flexible seal that is leak-resistant inside and out. The coating form a flexible physical barrier between the water and the walls of the tank.
- Seal cracks in concrete. Spray coating is a cost-effective concrete water tank sealer. Concrete is susceptible to cracking over time and a full replacement is costly and time-consuming. Cracks can be easily and quickly be repaired with spray coating.
SC-3900 High-Strength Industrial Coating
SC-3900 is an NSF/ANSI Standard 61 complainant industrial strength spray coating. NSF/ANSI 61 is the legally recognized standard in the U.S. that address the human health effects of drinking water. It’s used as a specification by water utilities around the world.
SC-3900 water tank coating spray provides leak-proof protection in the most aggressive environments. Some of the product’s highlight include:
- Restores structural integrity
- Low-temperature application
- 3700- to 5500 psi tensile strength
- High-temperature resistant
- No VOCs
- Abrasion and corrosion resistant
- Bridges large gaps
- Stops active leaks
- Provides high-strength
- Offers superior elongation
- Stops deterioration
- Stops freeze-thaw
The spray coating has many industrial applications beyond water tanks. It’s used to repair and prevent damage to steel infrastructures including pipelines, geodesic domes, guardrails, grates, and powerline poles. It can also be used to coat earthen containment systems and encapsulated dangerous materials such as asbestos and lead paints. Spray coatings can preserve and repair many types of structures, saving you money in the long run.