Our Basic Concepts Marine Boom is a spill containment device for hydrocarbon spills in waters that may have currents, as well as calm waters such as harbors, streams, rivers, and tidal areas.
Request More Information
- Marine Boom is reusable until the loose polymers inside become solid.
- Hydrocarbons will not drip or leach out.
- Marine Booms can be disposed of in most landfills eliminating the “Cradle to Grave Liability” and the costs associated with hazardous waste disposal.*
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 5, 10 and 20 foot lengths
- Description Custom sizes available upon request
Our Basic Concepts Marine Boom is a spill containment device for hydrocarbon spills in waters that may have currents, as well as calm waters such as harbors, streams, rivers, and tidal areas. The marine boom is approximately 3” in diameter and is filled with a proprietary blend of polymers that contain larger granules to increase the solidification rate throughout the boom. The larger granules also increase the efficiency of the boom with heavier oils while maintaining the ability to polish sheen.
Our boom is ideal for use in harbor areas or in marinas where there are fuel docks and where currents or tides are present and can be placed in scuppers to prevent hydrocarbon run-off from the decks of commercial vessels and in engine rooms or bilges to remove oil without the need to process any water. This device can also be used on land applications to prevent hydrocarbons from entering storm drains.
The outer skin is made of white (or black) spun-bound mesh and filled with larger granules and the boom, once deployed, can contain more than 300 gallons of diesel fuel.
*Always check with Local, State, and Federal Regulations prior to disposal.