SC-3900 is a high strength flexible coating that can used on a wide variety of substrates. With 3900 psi tensile strength and 300% elongation properties, SC-3900 is a good choice for concrete and steel applications that require strength and flexibility. Typical uses are concrete crack repair in secondary containment systems, internal tank coatings, loading rack containment and rehabilitation of rail track pans.
Request More Information
- Fast setting to allow final coating thickness to be achieved in one application.
- 100% solid, no solvents, and zero VOCs.
- High-dry-temperature-stability-to-250°F-(121°C)-with intermittent temperatures to 300°F (148°C).
- High abrasion resistance.
- High elongation for bridging cracks.
- Excellent encapsulation characteristics.
- Load-Bearing Capacity > 3,900 psi (27 MPa)
- Application Coating for all types of steel infrastructure, including pipes, bridges, power line poles and structures, transportation and rail systems, as protection from corrosion; concrete tank, floor, pond, dike, tunnel, and bridge lining; existing membrane repair; asbestos and lead encapsulation; onshore and offshore marine and high salt corrosion protection; and more.
- Compliance Compliant with FDA/USDA for incidental food contact. Contact BCI for more information.
- Packaging This product is sold in standard 110 gallon drum sets and 550 gallon tote sets. Available in other container sizes.
- Color SC-3900 UB is available in standard colors (Sand, Medium Grey, and Black). Custom colors available upon request.
SC-3900 UB is a fast-set, high performance, spray-applied, plural component, 100% pure urea-based elastomer. This system is based on amine-terminated polyether resins, amine chain extenders, and prepolymers. It provides a cost effective flexible, tough, resilient monolithic membrane with water and chemical resistance.
SC-3900 UB is available with cutting-edge Ultra Bond™ technology. Advanced Ultra Bond™ chemistry is coined “the duct tape molecule”. Ultra Bond™ has the unique advantage of adhering to most properly prepared organic and inorganic (new and aged) surfaces without requiring a primer. Like duct tape, SC-3900 UB with Ultra Bond™ gains adhesion over time.
As with most coatings, there is a re-coat window that presents a lack of inter-coat adhesion. The UB™ molecule mitigates this risk during installation.